Candidate Resigns Amid Controversy Over Parkland Comments

Candidate Resigns Amid Controversy Over Parkland Comments

October 12, 2018, 11:45 AM

Candidate Resigns Amid Controversy Over Parkland Comments

FILE - Activists, including some survivors of the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida, rally in front of the headquarters of gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson in Springfield, Mass., Aug. 26, 2018.
FILE – Activists, including some survivors of the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida, rally in front of the headquarters of gun manufacturer Smith & Wesson in Springfield, Mass., Aug. 26, 2018.

SOUTHINGTON, CONNECTICUT —

A Republican candidate for Connecticut's General Assembly has withdrawn following criticism over comments he made online about victims of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Steven Baleshiski, a 22-year-old college student from Southington, had been challenging six-term state Rep. Joe Aresimowicz for a House seat.

The Hartford Courant reports the Republican town committees for Southington and Berlin withdrew their endorsements of Baleshiski before he resigned. The two committees said they do not condone Baleshiski's "hurtful and dividing behavior." Committee chairs said they are looking for a new candidate.

In a social media post in March, Baleshiski said a survivor of the Parkland shooting who turned to gun-control advocacy "can burn in hell."

Baleshiski did not respond to a request for comment from the newspaper.

Original Article

WATCH PRESIDENT TRUMP'S MAGA RALLY IN GREENSBORO NC

WATCH PRESIDENT TRUMP'S MAGA RALLY RICHMOND, VA 3-2-24

WATCH AMERICA'S VOICE LIVE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH RFK

WATCH TODAY'S STEVE GRUBER SHOW

JOIN US ON OUR 24/7 LIVE RUMBLE STREAM